Hey all, I sometimes get so overwhelmed when I’m deciding on just what to eat when I go camping, as I like to eat well……really well. My repertoire usually consists of a ROAST (Chicken, Lamb, and or Veggies) cooked in a camp oven on an open fire accompanied by a nice glass of port, that is a staple for me and one of my favorites, in fact it is my favorite, but variety they say “IS THE SPICE OF LIFE”, so here is an idea on how to make great wholesome meals that can be prepared with no cooking needed what so ever!!! PERFECT.
First things first, what u will need… remember this is simple stupid style, so this is going on the bare minimum perfect if you are going somewhere and don’t want to lug too much “stuff” with you..
A big Bowl( I Use a saucepan), 2 forks, one knife and a plate, *(maybe a can opener) Optional another plate to serve onto….
The Ingredients List (Based on 3 Days)
- 3 Tins of Legumes (Chickpeas, kidney beans, 4 beans mix, lentils etc), tin beetroot, corn, aspargus etc, 4-5 packs of dried spice (coriander, cumin, cinnamon, Moroccan seasoning etc) Salt and pepper, and vinegar. (Be creative)
- A few jars of deli style items, such as Artichoke hearts in oil, olives, roasted peppers, eggplant, cuccumbers etc
- Grab a few packets of Nuts like Sunflower seeds, almonds, pine nuts, peanuts etc
- Dried fruit like sultanas, mangos, bannans etc
BE CREATIVE HERE IT DOSE NOT MATTER WHAT YOU GET “REMEMBER VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE”
- Lastly a good array of fresh Vegetables and a little fruit. Red Onion, Garlic, Cucumber, carrots, Mushrooms, beans, Chili, Capsicum, etc and Apples, banana etc
The Recipe Broken Down-
Add one Tin of Legumes (drain the Liquid), and one of the random tins Corn etc,
Choose 2-3 out of your 5 spices and add them to the mix,
use some of the Deli style jars, chop add to the mix remember to add some of the oils as well to create the dressing,
Some of the dried fruits and nuts,
and last of all chop up a selection of fresh vegetables and fruits.
This is a simple guide that can be swapped and changed but its a guide only, have some fun with it be creative…that’s what food is all about…a combination of flavors.
[image style=”wide” name=”on” link=”” target=”off” caption=””]http://www.thisroaminglife.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/IMG_1269.jpg[/image]
Looks delicious hey??? Please comment below with any recipes or creations you may have of coooool camping recipes which don’t require any cooking to prepare, would love to try some different ideas.